Organisation Contact Details
More About The Organisation
We are a special school for 3-19 years old. All our students have or would find it difficult to work within mainstream schools due to significant and complex learning difficulties. We provide education that is broadly based on the National Curriculum and is tailored to meet individual needs. We have two specialist resource bases, one for autism and severe communication difficulties, the other for severe and profound multiple learning difficulties. We have hostel provision for up to 14 students.
For the Ofsted inspection report for this school visit http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/reports
Special Educational Needs & Disability Local Offer 2014: http://www.fossewayschool.co.uk/about-our-school/statutory-information/
Fosseway Cygnet Programme: Cygnet (developed by Barnardos)
This 5/6 week programme is designed for parents and carers of children and young people aged 5-18 with an autistic spectrum condition. The programme is designed to:
* To increase parents understanding of autistic spectrum conditions
* To help parents develop their knowledge on how a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world and what drives their behaviour
* To guide parents through practical strategies they can use with children
* To direct parents to relevant ASD resources
* To give parents the opportunity to meet with other parents who have had similar experiences and to gain support and learn from each other.
To find out more please visit https://www.rainbowresource.org.uk/organisations/26977-fosse-way-school-cygnet-programme?term=asd+service
Are you open during term time?
How do people access your service?
With a statement.
If referral then by whom? For example, Social Worker, School, Doctor, Self-referral?
by schools/educational psychologists.
Do you have a waiting list?
If from another LEA
Do you welcome people using your service from Bath and North East Somerset?
If Yes, do you welcome people from all areas of Bath and North East Somerset using your service?
Who can use your service
Age of Users
Who can use your service?
None- except we are only residential Mon-Thurs inclusive and term time only & for students with autistic spectrum disorder who have 24 hour education identified on their statement.