This page has information to help you during the Coronavirus outbreak.
We are sharing lots of support information and helplines over on our Instagram page, www.instagram.com/Youth_Info_BANES
Looking after your mental health and wellbeing
- How teenagers can protect their mental health during coronavirus (COVID-19) - 6 strategies for teens facing a new (temporary) normal
- Child and Adolescant Mental Health Service (CAMHS) online resources to support young people's emotional wellbeing.
- KOOTH offers free online mental health support 365 days a year, and they are still available during the COVID19 outbreak.
- Youth Connect South West have digital support available at the moment to young people.
- Advice for young people to help with their mental health during the COVID19 pandemic from Anna Freud, National Centre for Children and Families.
- SAFE BANES - advice for young people on relationships and sexual health.
- Off The Record B&NES - supporting young peple aged 10-25 years in all aspects of life.
- Off The Record are holding virtual support cafes during the COVID19 pandemic to ensure young people can still easily access support. Held over on Facebook every Monday and Friday 4-6pm, and Thursday 6.30-8.30pm. Visit https://www.facebook.com/groups/OkayCafe/ for more information on how to join in, receive support, and hang out online with OTR staff and other young people
- DHI Project 28 - offering support to young people around drug and alcohol difficulties.
- School Nurses have a confidential telephone line available to young people between 12pm-2pm Monday to Friday:
Bath area: 01225 831666
Norton/Radstock: 01761 408111
CHAT is the text service they offer: 07480 635513
- Coming to terms with school changes linked to Coronavirus - a guide for year 6 pupils.
- Coming to terms with school changes links to Coronavirus - a guide for year11 pupils.
Young Carers - BANES Carers Centre
The service provision for young carers during the COVID19 pandemic has been updated to reflect the current situation. You can find specific information about these changes here.
Bath College Distance Learning opportunities
Bath College are offering a whole range of distance learning courses at the moment, and these are free to those meeting specific eligibility criteria. You can find more information and the complete list of courses here.
The Skills Toolkit - gain new key skills during the 'lockdown' and beyond.
This is an online learning platform supporting anyone wishing to learn new key skills whilst they are being furloughed or without employment. Find out more here, and the Skills Toolkit can be found here.
Achieve in B&NES provides a job and course search service for anybody wishing to enter the workplace or progress their career. There are several free and funded courses from local providers on offer.
Produced by Youth Connect South West this document offers advice and information to help support you through your next steps.